Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Dress cafe and Final test!

A lot has been happening these past few days, but nothing particularly noteworthy to make it a separate post. Monday, I went shopping in Insadong (foreigner central) and got all of my souvenirs in one swoop! I think I have everything I need including a new carry on as well. I spent a lot of money in these past few days...but you're only in Korea once, right? (probably not for me ;p) Tuesday I went to Ewha for some last minute clothes purchases and for the coolest thing ever: a Dress Cafe! We learned about it from our Resident Director and we HAD to go. Basically it was an adorable shop covered head-to-toe in pink and adorable-ness. They had fancy chairs, special lighting, stuffed animals, accessories..you name it! You go in, pay 6 dollars and they bring you a specialty drink (we got oreo milkshakes) and you have use of any and all accessories there. From there, you rent the sort of dress you want to wear. They are anywhere from 5,000-30,000 won to rent for a half-hour use. We all chose beautiful 5,000 won ($5) wedding dresses and used the professional lighting. We got out some really beautiful pictures that i'll post here later. It was 11,000 won well spent! Our final test was Wednesday and I spent 2 hours studying with Dean at Ewha, 1 hour once I got home, and 2 hours in the morning before the test. It was a pretty difficult exam and it took 4 hours to take. I hope I passed! The most points I'll miss will be spelling for sure. I stink at spelling in Korea because many of the vowels sound the same! Oh well, I tried my best and I'll hope that it's good enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment