Friday, August 12, 2011

Final Day(s)

I passed my test and did really well! All of my hard work paid off, and my diploma looks really cool! I've spent the last few days going to Noraebang and different places with friends to enjoy my most favorite places in Korea before I leave. It really is depressing. I find myself saying that I'll just go back later if it's too expensive and then I realize that there really isn't a later...These feelings were made even worse by our graduation ceremony/talent show today at Sinchon. The beginning of the day was at the YES building at 9:30 am where we filled in a survey and talked about how we can readjust and not be too depressed once I get back home. It said to keep a busy schedule and be sure to see friends and have a good time. (It also said our parents should get us a really cool Iphone 4, right mom? ;p) Later we took a loooong walk to the building where our graduation was. We learned our grades and got our certificates in front of our host families and our teachers. People made speeches and Tai's was especially good. It was funny, and completely in Korean. Everyone was extremely impressed. My host family even got me flowers which was too nice of them! (and I had to carry them around when I was out with friends afterwards, so people thought I had done something special then too!) We all changed for the talent show, and even though it was kind of lame, it was still fun all the same! Our group (Gwen, Tai, and I) did a traditional Insa sort of dance which is a greeting dance. We all had fans and Gwen and I had beautiful flowing skirts. It was very slow-paced, but people said they liked it which is all that matters! After saying goodbye and crying with Aram, we all decided to go to Noraebang one final time and it was really fun. I'm sure going to miss going there! Afterwards I spent some time with Dean and we just talked. I am REALLY going to miss him =[ Tomorrow is my final day in Korea. I'll be spending it packing and with my host family. At 9:00 pm I head to the youth hostel where we'll all spend our final (probably sleepless) night together before I may never see these people again. We get up at 5:30am in the morning and are ready to fly. I really wish I didn't have to leave...

No comments:

Post a Comment