Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Lotte World!

I have missed so many days of blogging because I haven't been near a computer and have been studying so hard for my final exam buuuuuuuuuut...now I have a computer and will try to fill you all in =] On Saturday I went to Lotte World for the first time ever! It is a relatively small indoor and outdoor amusement park that is sort of a knockoff of Disneyworld. It is really cute though because they have giant cheap bows that everyone buys and wear around. The cutest thing is when you see people in couple shirts with matching bows! (you can see many people in couple shirts outside of Lotte World though) Anyway, I got the tickets online with my host mom's credit card and they were only 10,000 won ($10). Everyone else bought them there for 33,000 won ($33). You have to go through a giant Lotte merchandise-filled subway station in order to get to the entrance. Once there, you go into the giant indoor part of Lotte world where there are rollar coasters, and hot air balloon rides, an ice rink, tons of food and souvenirs, and other rides as well. It is so impressive! The hard part is finding out how to get outside. I used my amazing Korean skills (not!) to struggle through a few sentences to get myself and my friends outside. The outdoor park had less exciting rides, but all of them were still fun! My favorite ride was probably Atlantis, or this new one where you journey in a bumpy car through an ancient tomb. My least favorite was definitely French Revolution because it hurt your head and neck so badly! At the end of the night there was a spectacular drum show where they had "snow" come from the ceiling. It was everywhere! Great for how hot of a day it was ;p There isn't much more to say other than it was an amazingly well-themed park that I will always remember :p I'm glad I was one of few that got to!

No comments:

Post a Comment