Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Host Family Frustrations

We have a large group on facebook of the 40 of us going to Korea. We talk every day and in these last few days, the group is BLOWING UP with posts. The most popular ones are about our host families! ....We haven't gotten them yet! There are 5 days and we all will need to scramble to find host family gifts in time. We all realize that Curtis (the coordinator) is busy with the Morocco and India kids, but he told us that we'd have them Saturday, and then changed it to Monday...but still nothing. We are extremely impatient to say that least >.< I'm jealous of some of the other kids though because their host families mailed/emailed/friended them on facebook already. They all have a clue about where they'll be living and the people they'll be living with. I have nada :p  The most surprising thing I noticed when people were describing their families was that many of them didn't have fathers. They were just living with a mother and a sibling. That is something hard for me to wrap my head around because I was always under the impression that Korea has a low divorce rate. Any family would be exciting, but personally I really hope for a mother, father, and at least one host sibling my age that can take me out and sight-see!

The picture was made by a boy going with us whose name is Brett :p

No comments:

Post a Comment