Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thank you to the World Affairs Council of Pittsburgh!

I would like to thank everyone at the World Affairs Council of Pittsburgh for providing me with the gateway that I needed to apply to and be accepted by NSLI-Y to study in South Korea at Sogang University this summer! I have to give especial thanks to Miss Unger who is in charge of youth programs within the Council. She has implemented a multitude of programs to reach out and get students in our area involved and informed about the world around them. I have participated in many programs offered by the World Affairs Council which yielded me the things that I needed to make an impressive application. These sorts of things were the G20 Student Summit, the Cyber-bullying seminar, a seminar on globalization, summer seminars, and much more! While these opportunities were important, the most important thing that the World Affairs Council did was to make me aware of this opportunity to study in Korea amongst a few other countries! I had an apprenticeship with the Council this past school year and learned a lot about the world around me. In the final days of the Apprenticeship, we were sent the NSLI-Y site saying that these sort of world-wide opportunities existed. I applied to the program thinking that it was a long shot, but my dream will acutally be coming true. Thank you so much, Christina Unger, and the rest of those of the World Affairs Council for everything that you do with the youth of Pittsburgh and the surrounding areas. Your work has offered me the opportunity of a lifetime and I will be eternally grateful to all of you. In the few days before I depart (June 26) and for the entirety of my trip, I will be blogging and vlogging to show what I'm experiencing in Korea~! Please support the World Affairs Council of Pittsburgh and all that they do! http://www.worldpittsburgh.org/index.jsp

No comments:

Post a Comment