Monday, July 25, 2011

Bucheon Camp!

Over the weekend from Saturday to Sunday we traveled to Bucheon for a camp. (Surprisingly on the same street as Cafe Lua where we'll meet simon and martina next week). We all got on a bus at 8:20 in the morning and traveled to a hostel. My room was intermixed with Korean girls and was the only one without beds. We slept on mats on the floor, but I really didn't mind because I'd always wanted that Korean kind of experience. We went to a big room and learned who our intermixed groups would be. We all got bandanas and mine was blue. My group was actually really sweet (and had cute guys!) We had a bonding game to learn each others' names, and also one where we had to think of a creative way for us all to have our feet off of the ground. We made a human hamburger :p We all had lunch in our groups (just some bbimbap) and went on a mission. The first step was to make a team cheer. We used the song fire and adapted it to our team four...and we also said urichechalaga (sp?) translating to we are the best :p We were the first ones to pass that step and went on for our mission at a museaum. Lucky for us, there was a comic book/anime convention happening at the time and many people were dressed up (which was sooo cool). There were lots of exhibits that we saw, but the main one we were to see was a brain exhibit. It was a big inflatable room that was a "brain" and it was the brain of an airhead. (get it? haha)  It had airplanes and lots of other daydreams and was fun to bounce off of. Our next part of the mission was to make our own brains. We made a head on a piece of paper and passed our heads around and wrote one first impression about everybody in their respective brains. When mine was done it was really sweet. People said that I was a good dancer, "have big eye", that I was beautiful, and that I was "so beautiful I thought you was movie star". It made me happy. We had presentations back with everybody and ours was sort of a fail. We didn't really know we had to do one, so we just made it up :p The prizes were pretty good though! They gave out neckrests and shower/makeup kits. We snuck out and went to noraebang with our group and it was awesome bonding time. The guys were great at singing! That night we all stayed up and bonded until 2 in the morning. There was truth or dare, and after I hung out with Caroline and Dean talking to inhyop, yechan, and a few others. They were so sweet :p We had talent show practice for the talent show the next day. It was full of cool people singing, dancing and lip synching and lots more. It was cool. No one was amazingly talented which made everyone feel better. Caroline and I did a dance to a mix (it was weird not dancing with Kayla =[ ) The highlights were a large group that did a dance to Roly Poly, a Taekwando group, and Tom who shaved his beard on stage :p We went for a final meal together at a Chinese restaurant and I ate a quail egg! I was also given a fork -_-"  But it was cool because they had a room for the korean students and a room for the american ones...but we just ignored it and bonded with the Koreans. I think i'll be meeting with some of the girls I met next weekend! Leaving was really sad because I won't see most of them ever again =[. And even after all of this I went on a date with Dean :p  We went to see Harry Potter, and went to Pizza Hut. We did this because we got foreigner cards and at certain places the cards give you a major discount! It was a sweet night and made me very happy =]

No comments:

Post a Comment