Thursday, July 14, 2011

Samkyesang

I think I spelled the title wrong! But Samkyesang is a Korean holiday that happened yesterday where they serve entire chickens in a rice soup sort of thing with ginseng. It is a holiday to celebrate the ending of the rainy season and make your body stronger for the upcoming hot season (darn it!). It was actually delicious and I needed to get stronger because I had gotten really sick that day. I almost went to the hospital (it isn't so serious sounding here) but luckily I got better by this morning! In the morning yesterday we went with our supporter and a few other groups to make Korean fans! Despite being completely unartistic, I was able to make a decently pretty butterfly one! We took so long that we didn't really have time for lunch, so Gwen and I hurried to the same Mandu place I went yesterday. I'm not sure if I got sick because of them, or because I had to take a cold shower for the past two days. My host mom thinks it was the cold shower. Anyways, we hurried to school and I loved the lesson yesterday even though it was difficult. We finally learned the Chinese number system along with the Korean. I can now (slowly) say just about any number I would need. In one day, I'm able to say the date, the time, how much something costs, my birthday, everything! Everyone went after school to see Harry Potter too with Kyungnam, but I couldn't because I wasn't feeling well. (But i'm still telling people I saw it to make my American friends jealous that it came out here first :p) Once I was home, my host mom fussed over me for a while because both Jay and I were sick, and then told me the best news ever! My host aunt got us tickets to MBC's TV show for Saturday and I can bring Nhi and Caroline!!! At the show, there will be: [2011년 7월 9일 토요일] 2PM . 2ne1 . 현아 . f(x) . Secret . T-ARA . 장우혁 . 천상지희-다나&선데이 . 민경훈 . 레인보우 . ZE:A . 마이티마우스(feat.SOYA) . 8eight . Girl“s day . Rania . 4men . Boyfriend . 백청강 . N-train. So many great bands! I've woken up today feeling completely better and ready to go shopping for a cute outfit after school ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment