Sunday, July 31, 2011

Simon and Martina!

I met Simon and Martina and they were so cool! Martina was beautiful as always and Simon looked exactly the same (which is a good thing!) I took the taxi alone because my friends were too slow and walked into Cafe Lua. They were in the back at a small table and were talking to 3 of my friends already (I wanted to be first!) We ordered some ridiculously expensive drinks and just talked which was cool. They let me film some of their long-winded stories too which was nice of them. They are EXACTLY like they are on youtube in real life. I love when people don't change! They were so impressed that around 14 of us showed up in the end. They didn't think they were THAT popular, but they are! They put up with a photoshoot and an autograph signing session (where most of us didn't have paper, so we had them sign a 1,000 won bill :p ) We also learned what the music Monday would be before they did it that night. We all said goodbye to them (and I got to hug them both!) and I went off to meet my Bucheon friends for dinner and Noraebang! Inhyop and Yechan are so good at singing it's unbelievable. (We probably made them look 10x better though because our group was just terrible). The next day, I went out with Ellen to Ewha/Idae and we went shopping. This was the best trip yet! I got 3 shirts for 5 bucks each and a dress for 10 that is absolutely beautiful. I don't have any souvenirs for people yet because i'm clueless what to get. Traditional Korean souvenirs are kind of lame. Just traditional bags you can keep makeup or pens in, or like cell phone charms (which american phones don't have). I've also never found a shirt with korean on it yet and it's really disappointing! I'll find you guys souvenirs sometime though! (No chocolate mirror yet for Jen =[ ) After I went out with Ellen, she and I met up with some Korean friends and went bowling and then out to dinner. Then Junyeong took me to Namsan tower at night and it was especially beautiful because it was foggy. I had a great night and it made me never want to leave Korea! Today I go to a traditional village and will probably get to try on Hanbok!

No comments:

Post a Comment