Friday, July 22, 2011

Hottest Days Ever!

So I haven't blogged in a while because I've been really busy with school studying, family, and supporter sorts of things. On Tuesday we all went to a palace and it was really beautiful except for how sweltering hot it was outside! There was supposedly a warning that people shouldn't be out more than a half an hour without shade or there would be a risk for skin cancer...whoops...lol. The palace was great, but they wouldn't let anyone go inside. They could just look from the outside, and every building was essentially the same in color, size, and architecture. We had homemade kimbap there and headed off to school. It's hard to remember 5 days ago actually! I can't remember doing anything extremely interesting for a few days except a bit of shopping with the family. Once again, it is really depressing to be a normal sized american in Korea because nothing fits! What's worse is the fact that most stores don't let you try things on before you buy them. I bought a romper the other day and I really don't think it suits me at all and am definitley regretting it! I also went out another day to Namdaemoon to shop. I got cute 7 dollar sneakers, a 10 dollar dress and cardigan set, and some basic tee-shirts and a skirt. I'm making out pretty well! I had to withdraw money for the first time and it really killed me inside. I had to use 20 of it for T-money as well because the initial 35,000 won was definitely not enough. (T-money is put onto a card that can be used in subways, convenience stores, and taxis). More and more school happened. (I can now use my new grammar rules to form sentences!) And yesterday we went to the Dragon Jimjilbang and it was amazing! Supposedly the nicest one in Seoul. We went out with a group of the guys, young-min, me, ellen, gwen, and nhi. It wasn't nearly as awkward this time! We went out afterward and I also had my first taxi experience! It only cost 5,000 won (5 bucks) to be taken home from Hongdae in a nice taxi! I can get used to it here :p Today we had our mid-evaluation and it made me really sad. We only talked about the funny things that happened to us in korea, but it's sad that in just 3 weeks it'll all be over. I want to come back desperately. Many times I wish I had chosen to do the semester or the year program. It would be really difficult, but I feel like I've only just gotten started here and there are so many more things to go do and see! It asked us to reflect on ourselves and I actually did. I think I've grown more mature and independent. I feel like a college kid with real freedom, and it will be so depressing to go home to a high school that knows everything that's going on and is just waiting to get people in trouble. Let me stay longer, mom and dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment