Sunday, July 3, 2011

I found out the meaning of Monsoon Season!

Last night, I stayed in with my host siblings and watched SM town live in France from midnight until 2 in the morning and i'm exhausted! I woke up at 8:30 and we had a nice breakfast of cereal and a sort of tomato smoothie. The kids showed me how to get to Sogang (but I can't remember anymore...uh oh!) We then went to meet up with their cousin who was leaving for Turkey and needed to go shopping. We shopped (but it was all too expensive!) and went to a traditional restaurant for noodles. Then it started POURING. It looked like a river! I got so wet running to the car, and in a few minutes, the water was up past the tires in some places on the road! It was crazy! We went shopping at a different place and I got a pretty headband and shorts. I'm so fascinated by the dresses though! It seems like the predominant style in Korea is casual Lolita. Everything is adorable and frilly! I liked all the dresses, but the majority were too short/couldn't fit my chest. The ones that did, though, were 68000 won! (Maybe mom should wire me more money ;P) I will find cheap ones hopefully! We're watching ice skating now and having a late dinner. One of my biggest fears was that I would be hungry all trip. That is definitely not a problem! My family eats constantly! haha. I'm not getting very far with my Korean yet unfortunately...it is used constantly around me, so it is hard to pick out words and their meanings... I'm getting better at just listening and interpreting what the whole thing means though! I'm a little tired by it all though. I'm not sure if it's the jet lag catching up to me, but i've been ready for bed since 5 haha. Tomorrow is my first day of class, and I think the whole family will be out of the house when I wake up. I've only seen my host father for about 3 hours in all since I got here haha. Hopefully I don't get lost trying to find Sogang. We have class at 2 and will be taking a placement exam..so wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment