Monday, July 4, 2011

My First Day of School!

My host mom and siblings left early this morning for work and school so I had the house to myself. I decided to go meet Dean and other people early and explore the area around Sogang. I ended up getting to the subway alright, but once there I got on the #2 going the wrong way! So I just got off and tried again and got to Sinchon pretty quickly. But as soon as I got to Sinchon I didn't know which exit to take (was supposed to be 6) so I just chose one and started walking and looking for Sogang signs. I found one and started walking the way the arrow pointed (but apparently the arrow was wrong!-_-" ) I ended up walking 13 blocks the wrong way and eating something that looked like hoddeok, but most certainly was not haha. I asked in broken Korean but didn't end up getting anywhere so I called Dean and he saved me! We met up with others to get lunch (it was only 3,000 won for a huuuge meal!) and ice cream. We went to the classroom at 2 for our placement tests. I didn't do so well because the only questions they asked me were answered with numbers...and I don't know them yet! My written part went decently though! We went out exploring after that and ended up taking the subway to Ewha Women's University (where I will go at 10 tomorrow to meet my supporter) and shopped for hair straighteners. I hope it works well! We went to Noraebang after that too and there were like 10 of us. The lady brought us drinks and gave us extra time too! I went home around 630 so that I could be sure to be home by 730 for dinner. I got lost again ^^ My host brother came to find me though! haha. We had a lovely kimbap dinner at a restaurant and then went to costco. My host father and mother gave me a korean lesson, we bonded, and now i'm about to go to bed. I like it here =]

No comments:

Post a Comment