Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Record Breaking Weather!

Yesterday I had a test and school as usual. The test was really hard and took me a while because it was memorization of dialogues we did in class and I don't memorize them because I just memorize how to use the words differently. I also have trouble spelling in korean and always mix up the ใ…“and ใ…— sounds in words =[ After school I came straight home and I'm glad I did! It started POURING and no one had umbrellas. I had to call my host mom to pick me up from the subway station! We went to this really hip Asian fusion restaurant and had tons of different things that were chinese, vietnamese, japanese, and korean. I even ate buffalo chicken wings with chopsticks (which is so difficult!) Today we had another test in school that went better. Class started late too because the teachers' former classes ended late. It was nice starting a half an hour later! The lesson really confused me, so I called up ์ค€์˜ to help tutor me. We went to a nice chinese restaurant, and to get coffee and ice cream and he paid for it all! I think he likes me because he's doing all of this for free and he also gives me hand massages to keep me paying attention haha.

The main news though is about all of this rain! It is horrible and feels like you're taking a swim in the Han River! My host mom said that it is the most and hardest rainfall she has ever seen in her lifetime (44 years). The Han River overflowed and is completely flooding Subway Stations. The streets are like rivers in some places, and in most others there are impassable puddles. It is crazy how much water can come from the sky! Supposedly 6 died in a landslide and so far 13 are reported dead. It's also the first time I've seen lightening and thunder in Korea. Usually it just rains. At least this is another first I get to experience in Korea! Tomorrow our supporter meetings were cancelled because it's so dangerous. I'm sort of hoping school will be too because I need a break! 6 hours of studying today! And I want to learn a traditional Korean game that I saw my family playing!

No comments:

Post a Comment