Monday, July 25, 2011

Great things can happen in a subway!

Today I was just minding my own business on the subway and an old "blind" begger came up to me and kept tapping me for money. This Korean boy came up and helped to get him away and was really sweet. He told me that he'd studied in Iowa for a year and had studied English a lot and very dilligently. His English was perfect...no accent...and he even used slang! It was so cool. We talked more and I ended up even missing my stop because we were talking on and off in Korean and English (and maybe a little because he was cute...) He asked for my number to maybe meet up later and I gave it too him because he seemed like a great guy. He texted me later and asked me to dinner. I wanted to feel safer and more comfortable so I had him bring a friend and I brought Caroline and we double dated. They took us to this awesome Korean steak place in Ewha and then out for smoothies. They paid for dinner and we paid for the smoothies. We talked a lot about Korea and its culture, and the differences, and some language things. I really did learn a lot. He took me to my station and we got a quick ice cream before parting. He was real sweet and offered to tutor me any day for free or take me anywhere I wanted to go. They offered to get us into a military camp or into the UNICEF headquarters. It was really nice  =]

No comments:

Post a Comment