Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Family Games are fun!

Yesterday it rained sooo hard once again. Went to school like usual, learned numbers, was super frustrated, and came home. School sometimes is so frustrating because our Korean teacher doesn't speak English. It really seems like all she's doing is *korean korean korean (flaps arms) korean korean (stares at you).* It can be really frustrating! After school I went to dinner with my host siblings at their grandmother's house. Their grandparents don't speak a lick of English, and from the minute I walked in the door, they kept feeding me! (it seems like a trend in Korea :p) She brought out sooo much rice for me and a million side dishes. There were sardines with eyes still and I tried my best to avoid them...(to no avail). There was also a sort of clam soup, and i've never eaten clams before. She was watching me eat and kept pointing to the clams to eat them. I've never taken out the insides of clams before, but taking them out with chopsticks only was quite the ordeal. My dad would be glad to know that I officially like clams...or were they oysters.... I kept saying that I was full in Korean, but she would just smilea and point for me to eat something else. Finally I somehow was able to leave the table! Within a minute she had a tray full of goodies for me. (too bad I was stuffed) I kept saying in Korean that I was too full to eat, but she ended up feeding me, so I kept eating haha. It wasn't bad, but a different experience haha. After everyone got home we played the game of live for HOURS. The kids kept cheating, but it was really cute :p It was a fun bonding experience, especially with Nae-young. Today I hung out with my supporter in Hongdae and studied and shopped. We had another placement test today and I feel like I did really well. We went to the Co-ex mall after school which was about an hour and 15 minutes away. We ate hamburgers (typical americans, right?) and had ice cream and shopped. It was fun! Tomorrow we have Taekwando and I hope I don't get lost getting to Mapo!

No comments:

Post a Comment